Click To View Flyer
What is FrogWatch USA™?
- A frog and toad volunteer monitoring program that will have twenty years of data this year!
- An opportunity for volunteers to get involved in their community to collect and report information about wetlands and frog and toad populations in the United States.
- A nationwide program where participants learn and practice science and develop a closer relationship with the natural environment.
Frogs and toads are important – and in trouble!
- Frogs and toads are both predators and prey in aquatic and terrestrial food webs.
- They directly benefit humans by eating insects that can be pests and transmit diseases.
- Frogs and toads are sensitive to changes in their environment and are indicators of problems that can affect human health.
- Many previously abundant populations have experienced dramatic population declines – in the United States and around the world.
It is essential that we understand the scope, scale, and cause of these declines
Anyone can volunteer and WE NEED YOU! You do not have to be a frog or toad expert to make an important contribution! You need an interest in learning about frogs and toads, the commitment to learn and identify their distinct calls, and the ability to make several evening visits to a local wetland. You can be directly involved in gathering information that may help stop the decline of these important and treasured animals
BECOME A FROGWATCH USA CITIZEN SCIENTIST TODAY BY ATTENDING THESE TRAINING SESSIONS AT THE STATEN ISLAND ZOO: